CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 18, 2010

Fall Fun





We had our first "Fall Cookout" last Saturday. It was a blast! God blessed us with perfectly beautiful weather and a wonderful group of friends to share it with. What started out as me asking Brent if it would be ok if I had a few people over for dinner, ended up as 24 total (including kids) for dinner. Woops! We had crochet, grilled out food, foot ball, little boys playing with legos, toy cars and chasing each other around the yard, sweet conversation, yummy food and wonderful memories made.
The night was absolutely fabulous and a true blessing for me. I was thrilled to have an evening to host such an event and more importantly such wonderful people to share it with. While Malachi had a COMPLETE melt down for the first 30 min, he finally fell asleep and awoke a happy baby. Brent was a wonderful hubby as he carried Malachi around for the rest of the evening in the Bjorn (a must have item!!). By the end of the evening, Malachi was worn out and we realized he had fallen asleep in the Bjorn. It was sooo cute! He was a trooper!

After the night, we were able to reflect on how wonderfully God has provided. We absolutely love where He has us right now. While Brent's call schedule is seemingly torture at times, I can't help but smile at the rest: our marriage, a man that loves me even though my continual failings and flaws, our wonderful church and it's amazing community it provides, our dear friends, wonderful women in my life that love God, sweet son, great home and more. I am blessed. Thank you Lord.

Here are a few more images from the night. Unfortunately, I was too busy to take more, which I was disappointed in myself, but oh well...next time.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Looks like a great evening Staci!

The Cisel's said...

Looks like a lot of fun!